September 04, 2013

Back to Blogging Plan: My Customized Agenda

I have missed blogging, and hate that I stopped. But since school has just started yesterday for most students in Canada (not sure about anywhere else in the world), I thought this would be the perfect time to get back to blogging. This time, I have come up with a plan.

I have made an agenda for myself to help keep me organized and more on top of blogging. I didn't like any of the preset agenda's made for school, so I made my own.



This is the first agenda I have ever made and I'm sure I will be tweaking it in the new year, but this is what I am starting out with and will see what works and what doesn't.

I didn't have time to create a pretty cover and quite frankly, I like the sleek look of just a black cover on the front and back. I have chosen a coil bind because it lasts longer and you can flip it all the way around.


The first two pages I have included in my agenda is a monthly view that is laminated. I didn't want to have a monthly view in between the weeks because I wanted to be able to flip back and forth between the months. I laminated it so that I can use non-permanent markers (like the Staedtler ones I have pictured above) or dry-erase markers. I chose the non-permanent markers because they come to a finer point and this agenda is half a letter size page (8.5" X 5.5"). The monthly view will give me a quick overview of all the major things that are happening in that month. For example, holidays, events, birthdays, etc. I have also left the other side of the month pages blank so that I can pop in to do lists when I need them.


After the two monthly view pages, I have created a weekly view page. This is what I will be using the most for blogging because I will be able to plan what posts I want to put up each week. At least that's the plan, I will probably do an update after I have put my agenda through some good use.

The pages after each weekly view are just blank pages. I currently have 7 blank pages in between which is making for an incredibly thick agenda but like I said earlier, there will be more tweaking later on. The blank pages will be used for whatever ideas I have for blog posts as well as just a scratch pad for whatever I need to jot down.

This is my work in progress. I can't wait to put it to use and to figure out what I like and dislike about it. Actually I am pretty sure I dislike the thickness of it but, I am waiting for something to go on sale for me to revamp my planner for next year.

What do you look for in an agenda and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment